2011年6月11日土曜日

Italian Murano Glass opinion


Last week I read a very interesting article about the Murano Glass in NY times

I have loved glass articles a lot and always love various techniques in making it in different shapes, angels, colors. Italian Murano Glasses are very special and one of my favorites.

But after reading the article about the latest situation of the Murano glass techniques in Italy and its debacle made me write this blog.
I have traveled the Silk road and had really got to known the treasures hidden on this road for long years back.
The Glass technique from Europe which many of us acknowledged and cherish is originally rooted in East i.e Asia. The technique of Glass has been exported to the Europe from the orient China along the silk road. The glass snuff bottles were used as by the Chinese to keep the medicines in it.

Later the European traders introduced the glass materials which became a huge hit everywhere.

The Murano glass technique is world recognized and wonderful but due to the crisis they are hard to survive and opting for new other income. I hope they recover soon and would love to see their more articles in future.

I also do like Chinese glass art. it is very oriental and different from others. The MADE IN CHINA articles in bulk making cheap has been spread all over world and thus everyone thinks that those items from China are cheap and useless. I do not agree on it completely, of course the latest MADE IN CHINA bulk articles are cheap and low quality but if we find the real treasures of China we can find many nice articles very rare and useful.

I have got some of the glass pens from China which are similar to Murano glass pens the quality is very nice and I love them. these are gem pens which I found in China.

2 件のコメント: